The non-profit sector took a hit like everywhere last year. It also proved itself to be an incredibly resilient market and one that became more essential than ever. Recruitment although slowed down, continued throughout the year as companies provided essential services to those in need across the UK.
Moving into 2021 I have explained below my expectations for what the non-profit recruitment field will look like.
- Further lockdowns are unlikely to hinder recruitment for those companies who continued to hire throughout 2020. They have overcome the obstacles of remote hiring and have proven that it can be very successful when done correctly.
- All areas of non-profit have continued to hire throughout the pandemic, including Housing Associations, Charities, Universities, NHS and local government.
- Digital Hiring will continue to be the most popular way of hiring. 2020 accelerated digital transformations in the industry, forcing companies to fast-track plans and invest in infrastructure.
- There has been a clear benefit in the market, with digital hiring allowing interviews to happen at shorter notice. Interviewees are no longer having to take hours out of their working day to travel to an interview and interviewers are no longer restricted by room availability!
Increased candidate pool
- Moving forward remote working is to stay and offices are moving to hot desking.
- Our non-profit clients who have completed staff surveys found staff are asking to be back in the office an average of only 2 days a week once things are ‘back to normal’. This increased flexibility immediately reduces the importance of commuting time when looking for jobs and increases the geographical talent pool.
What are companies looking for?
- More so than ever candidates must demonstrate the following in an interview
- Ability to communicate effectively via video
- Competency with technology, including all video interview platforms
- That they have a suitable place to work with a strong internet connection
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
If you have any requirements in 2021, I am here to help. At Boston Hale, we can provide advice on which of our recruitment processes are best suited to your needs. These include outplacement services, retained recruitment, and fast-paced interim solutions.
Number: 020 3800 0767