Associate Director of Procurement – DirectsProcurement & Supply Chain
We are working with a leading, global, biotech Pharmaceutical giant who are focused on transforming lives with innovative new medicines.
A newly created Associate Director of Procurement role has become available which will manage global spend across Directs including API’s, Raw Materials, subcontracted Manufacturing Services, Packaging, etc. You will have category management and sourcing strategy responsibility for these aforementioned sub-categories, building trusted relationships with business partners (e.g. R&D) and 3rd party service providers.
The Associate Director of Procurement will create and implement sourcing category strategies for a variety of category / subcategory portfolios and will work on delivering cost reductions for their designated spend areas. Resulting savings and added value will be recorded and reported to executive leadership.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Significant experience of strategic sourcing and managing complex spend categories and close interaction with senior leadership personnel.
- Significant experience of Sourcing ‘Directs’ (Ideally in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry with knowledge of Legal / Compliance requirements).
- Comfortable in a ‘matrix management’ structure where the Sourcing function is still relatively immature and the business itself is in a strong growth phase.
- Demonstrated experience working strategically and with a high level of experience in category management, ideally in an EMEA or global capacity.
- Able to travel extensively and to any nominated geography.
Posted On: February 10, 2019