Director of Policy Risk and Compliance – Indirects ProcurementProcurement & Supply Chain
Our client is a global, industry leading giant within the Pharmaceutical sector. In this role you will join a high performing team focused on Global Procurement’s risk management activity in support of the global Indirects projects. Specifically, you will establish a clear agenda that has support of critical stakeholders in the Global Procurement, Quality and Supply Chain organisations; and work collaboratively to drive improvement in risk management efficiency.
Leading a team of circa 5 direct employees you will embed understanding of Procurement’s risk and compliance responsibilities across all Global Procurement teams.
You will influence people across the business, striking the correct balance in approach to win over others and drive difficult changes. You will be a strategic leader and will be a key contributor to the overall leadership of the Policy, Risk and Compliance Team in Global Procurement. Due to role focus on Procurement risk management activity in support of the global Indirects teams, this position will be responsible for Policy, Risk and Compliance relating to areas including:
- HR & Professional Services
- IT & Telecoms
- Marketing & Print
- Facilities & Construction
- Travel & Fleet, etc
You will be able to engage with senior level stakeholders outside of Procurement, including:
- Risk Groups
- IT Protection
To excel in this position, you will be:
- an experienced professional with significant knowledge of the Indirects Procurement space.
- an effective communicator who can influence at all levels using both written and verbal methods.
- able to thrive on change and be excited by the opportunity to influence the development of risk management approaches.
- able to coordinate between various business areas and their newly built leadership teams, using this opportunity to critically assess current practices and effectively deploy brand new ideas.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Degree level qualification in any relevant area (this could cover sciences, manufacturing or supply chain and business areas)
- Significant experience influencing high level stakeholders in a complex, matrix organisations
- Considerable experience in Procurement and Risk Management
- Track record of driving performance and change in environments with significant complexity and ambiguity
- Experience of regulated environments or good working knowledge of manufacturing quality
- Procurement experience across various Indirect spend areas
- Significant leadership experience
- Experience working across global and cross functional teams
Posted On: August 6, 2019