Head of Category ManagementProcurement & Supply Chain
We are working with a leading housing partnership, with a centralised Procurement function that manages over £500m worth of Indirect spend.
As Head of Category Management, you will report in to the Director of Procurement, developing and leading strategic sourcing programmes for all categories, taking the lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories, and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets.
You will be expected to:
- support the Procurement Director to create organisational excellence in procurement and purchasing,
- develop and lead a strategic sourcing programmes for all categories,
- ensure contract compliance, pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key markets,
- meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money and excellent customer service, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management,
- engage with senior level stakeholders to support and drive the strategic direction of the organisation,
- develop, motivate and manage the Category Managers and Specialists across a diverse spend portfolio,
- through a category management approach to managing expenditure, identify and deliver significant improvement in value for money and customer satisfaction,
- engage with senior level colleagues to ensure organisational and functional requirements are understood and incorporated into category plans,
- ensure a detailed understanding of the expenditure within each category, the suppliers, the products and services, the value for money and the existing supplier performance,
- have an understanding of current & future customer needs, constraints, innovation and developing fit for purpose requirement specifications.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Senior specialist commercial / industry experience in purchasing and supply in a senior management role.
- Significant experience & understanding and application of Strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Significant and advanced procurement knowledge comprising: advanced negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain theory, persuading and influencing and interpersonal skills, contract law and dispute resolution, statistical and data analysis skills, knowledge of market areas related to specific work categories, finance and leasing knowledge, business development and marketing plans, business accounting.
- Category knowledge within the market managed, in all aspects of the market, which also requires engineering knowledge, product knowledge, manufacturing processes, supply chain.
- Project Management – the ability to manage large complex projects, involving personnel from many disciplines/departments in client organisations and suppliers.
- Proficiency in the use of e-commerce tools, E-tendering, E-auctions.
Posted On: May 15, 2019