Procurement Development ManagerProcurement & Supply Chain
We are working with a leading housing partnership, with a centralised Procurement function that manages over £500m worth of Indirect spend.
As a newly appointed Procurement Development Manager, you will report in to the Director of Procurement, supporting them to create organisational excellence in Procurement for the whole organisation.
You will be expected to:
- lead the procurement function in the implementation of procurement initiatives and new contractual arrangements and to develop and agree standard policies and procedures,
- lead the procurement in the assessment, promotion and implementation of new opportunities for improved procurement practices e.g. the Procurement roadmap,
- design, develop and implement improvements to the eProcurement system including e catalogues,
- design, develop and implement improvements to the Purchase to Pay process including SID,
- design, develop and implement a Supplier Relationship Management approach for the whole organisation,
- To meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money and excellent customer service, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management,
- lead the integration of legacy procurement processes and systems,
- manage business compliance with internal policies and legal and regulatory requirements,
- performance measurement of the procurement activity and building appropriate professional and quality standards,
- develop, implement and maintain a customer engagement approach such that customers are fully engaged in procurement decision making,
- develop, implement and maintain a supplier performance approach to deliver continuous improvement in supplier performance,
- drive change in procurement approach and ways of working,
- develop, implement and own common processes and procedures for procurement,
- lead the appropriate use of purchasing card solutions and purchase to pay solutions,
- lead the eProcurement approach and be responsible for developing this into a platform that holds all supplier, tender and contractual data for the whole business,
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Senior specialist commercial / industry experience in purchasing and supply in a senior management role.
- Significant experience & understanding and application of Procurement methodologies.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Significant and advanced procurement and P2P knowledge.
Posted On: May 15, 2019