Procurement Manager, DirectsProcurement & Supply Chain
Our client is one of the world’s leading suppliers of chemicals. They are the market leaders in many market segments including coatings, construction, technical textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves.
They are looking to recruit a Procurement Manager, to manage and ensure that the value is delivered from the strategic direct Raw Materials contracts (e.g. Mainly Specialty Chamicals etc).
- Develop and implement Global category sourcing strategies for categories aligned to the group procurement strategy.
- Management of the strategic sourcing lifecycle, from requirements, market analysis, supplier selection, tendering, contract and price negotiation, through to post-contract award SRM and performance SLA assessment using the eSourcing processes and tools (SAP Ariba)
- Identification of process improvement opportunities, and promoting procurement best practice in a complex, multi-site operation across the globe
- Liaising cross-functionally with a diverse internal community – e.g.: operations, finance, QSHE, Legal
- Delivering best value purchasing: cost savings, quality, flexibility, governance and strategic vendor relationships
- Be an integral part of the Procurement team working with stakeholders to promote the function and develop standard processes and governance
Knowledge and Skills:
- Have the flexibility to travel – European sites
- Demonstrable category experience in Specialty Chemicals
- Knowledge of Chemical industry sector
- Highly numerate and technical, Analytical
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Strong commercial acumen
Posted On: June 10, 2019