Procurement Specialist / Category ManagerProcurement & Supply Chain
This is an exciting opportunity to join Group Procurement within a major name housing organisation, charged with delivering significant business benefits across the business. During a period of significant investment in new and existing properties, Group Procurement manage a total spend in excess of £500m per annum.
The ideal candidate will be MCIPS qualified with demonstrable category management experience of large value contracts in both the public and private sectors. A successful track record of managing a portfolio of categories and delivering outstanding value, together with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are all essential for this role.
Key Duties will include:
- Provide advice on the development of contractual arrangements and competitive procedures and ensuring this are aligned with UK and EU Procurement Legislation within all categories
- Experience of working across multiple disciplines, mainly HR, FM (hard and soft services)
- Analyse Data on the purchase to pay systems
- Implement the procurement strategy and ensuring this meets business objectives
- Liaising with stakeholders including customers, contractors and consultants,
- Identifying significant opportunities to reduce costs, reduce operational and commercial risks and increase value via the collection and interpretation of detailed and complex information
- Negotiate with and influence suppliers to achieve improved service and quality
- Take an active role in leading development of innovative procurement strategies against defined commodity areas assigned.
- Work with both suppliers and operational areas of the business to explore and investigate opportunities where costs can be reduced, quality improved and processes simplified
- Ensure that contracts within your area of responsibility deliver full life value for money
- Ensure procurement activity delivers against procurement strategy and assigned portfolio
- Provide advice and guidance relating to procurement regulations to the wider organisation.
You will need to possess:
- CIPS (ideally MCIPS) qualification
- Experience in OJEU regulations
- FM and/or HR Procurement experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with others across the business
- Ability to demonstrate commercial and financial acumen, must be able to articulate the benefits of defined procurement process
Posted On: August 12, 2019