Senior Sourcing PartnerProcurement & Supply Chain
Our client is a world-renowned leader in the Insurance and Reinsurance industry, founded over 150 years ago and operating in 30 countries.
They are looking to recruit an industry expert in to a newly created position, titled Senior Sourcing Partner, but in effect focusing on strategic business partnering and internal and external relationship management. The remit will cover all Indirects spend within the business, although Technology (and how it is changing the Insurance industry) is paramount.
The requirements and demands of the role are as follows:
- ‘Business facing’ Insurance experience preferred, but Banking (Fintech) would also be accepted.
- ‘Hunter’ not Shepherd mindset with a wide commercial vision and understanding.
- Change agent / positive disruptor – can bring the client on the journey (keep in mind this is a global organisation).
- Patience and perseverance – Change can be slow but can be influenced quickly by the right individual and messaging).
- Can easily distil the client challenge(s) and provide a practical solution (with actionable insights) to meet their strategic objectives/ underlying business drivers (i.e. cost, growth, risk etc).
- Not just selling ‘futures’, but can map out and own the solution delivery/ implementation (this does not mean on their own – matrix organisation, ability to leverage and work with available resources)
The Senior Sourcing Partner also needs to have good energy (and ambition) and is not looking to just slot into the system. Moreover, the role is extremely autonomous, and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running with little hand holding.
Posted On: February 10, 2019