Sourcing SpecialistProcurement & Supply Chain
We are recruiting for a global producer of chemicals and gases, who have a leading reputation in this industry.
Our client is looking to source a new Strategic Sourcing Specialist for Central Commodities, across the Northern Europe region. In this position, you will:
- Manage risk and cost by defining and implementing procurement strategies for commodities (materials and services) related to the commodities which cover the Northern Continent, including Energy, Soft FM, Traded Gases, Real Estate and all Other Business Areas identified as opportunities in Northern Continent, including support for Business projects related to contract rollovers and New Business opportunities to deliver an amount of savings identified at annual objective settings.
- Manage relationships with Sub Regional and European stakeholders to support the early engagement of procurement to facilitate the requested materials and services with the lowest supply chain risk and lowest cost. Specific focus being given to opening and stabilising new areas of Procurement engagement.
- Develop and Manage working relationship with vendors to stay with current trends, technologies, products and services.
- Resolve any contracts disputes that arise inclusive of service issues and warranty disputes.
The position involves managing critical materials and services agreement and procurement strategies in Northern Continental Europe which have significant impact on the business. The total spend managed with potential influence on Procurement engagement is between $15M-20M. The incumbent is expected to also build relationships with critical suppliers and their senior management to extract the best value. Annual cost savings expected to be delivered will be defined in yearly objectives based on above spend profile.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or other discipline
- Experience in leading and developing Sourcing Strategies, understanding of purchasing terms and conditions and commercial acumen is required
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Self-starter, capable of taking ownership of issues and resolving them
- Excellent written and oral Dutch and English language skills, (French and German language skill is advantageous)
Posted On: November 7, 2018